Haydens Bog School 2537

On 1st January 1878 the people of Haydens Bog, which is a small community approximately 4 miles from Bendoc on the Bendoc-Delegate Road, witnessed the opening of their school. Their first teacher was James de Visseux. For about sixty-three years this school functioned in the interests of the community devoted mainly to pastoral pursuits. However, through lack of numbers the last teacher, Alfred Chown, was withdrawn and the school closed on 22nd April 1941.