Located near the NSW border in the far E of the State, the school served the needs of a rural population which opened the land to grazing at the turn of the century. The building still exists. It opened on the 8th of September 1896, situated approximately 7 miles from Bendoc on the Lower Bendoc Rd. In December 1956 falling attendances forced the Department to close it. It is interesting to note that children here sought their secondary education in NSW. The first HT (Head Teacher) was John M. Cass and the last R R King. In 1953-54 Lower Bendoc operated part-time with Goongerah. In 1955 it regained full-time status, but in 1956 worked part-time with SS4593, Tubbut.